Boxster Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Boxsterswe
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boxster Electrical Problems

Hi all!

I'm a Swedish owner of a Porsche Boxster -97, I just started it up after it's "winter-rest", but only to find out that the alarm-system, central locking and the electrical windows are "dead". Any ideas what to do? The battery did run out completely during the winter, could that have tricked the electrical system? I did try to disconnect the battery for an hour but that did not make any difference. Would really appriciate any help : )

Best Regards

Marcus
Old 06-07-2007, 09:29 AM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sounds like a blown fuse
Old 06-07-2007, 11:06 AM
98Boxster
Instructor

Any other things (headlights, seat heater, fan, a/c) not working? I had the same problem last week. I figured it out. Try this. 1. start your car. 2. Turn the key left(towards off) less than a quarter of an inch, it will stop (feel resistance) before shutting down. There is a little "slop" the ignition key is not going and making contact when you let go of it after starting. You need to help it go back to stage 2 once you started. (stage 1 your accessories, stage 2 car on, stage 3 is to start). Give it a try and let me know if that fixed everything? You will have to do this everytime you start your car or get it fixed.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Boxsterswe
2nd Gear

Thank's 99firehawk and 98Boxster! I checked all the fuses and they are all ok. Everything else works fine, except for the alarm system, central locking and the electric windows. So I will give the "ignition key-advice" a try and see what happens: )

Best Regards

Marcus
Old 06-07-2007, 01:10 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

still sounds like a fuse
the other thing that could casue it is theres a ground under the driver seat if its off or coroeded it could caue that
Old 06-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The control unit under the seat has a 15 amp fues on the unit itself. But I do not know what the symptoms are if that fuse is blown.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:10 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

usually no remote activity and sometimes no interior comfort lighting
Old 06-12-2007, 12:46 PM
HHPorscheTech
Intermediate

You are absolutly correct. The 15 amp fues underneath the seat in the alarm control unit, once blown, will not allow any of those functions to work. Check the fuse it is in between the two connectors it is also a mini and not the same ATC type in the normal fuse panel. Once you replace the fuse check to make sure your alarm functions: I.E. roll the drivers window down activate the alarm and once the system is armed open the door, if the fuse blows immediatly, you more than likely have an alarm horn that has failed and requires replacement. I have run into this on a few cars at my dealer.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Boxster Electrical Problems