Just picked up my Boxster. 2 days later battery died

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Daryl80
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up my Boxster. 2 days later battery died

Hi All,

I write, hoping it would have been better news. Just bought myself my first Boxster. Its a clean '97 model, that had a full PPI check. Received the full bill of health. Now its been two days where the car has not been driven and the battery is completely dead

Interior lights dont work, when I try to start the car, nothing happens, not even the click click click noise of the starter motor. The dash warning lights are all dim, so I'm not able to start my car now! *sigh*

Now my only suspicion is with the side mirror demister. I only say that because even when the key switched off and taken out, the demister light was still on.

I even tried pulling out the fuse, but the light remained on.

Since I have no idea about Porsche's I thought this was normal, but suspicious. But could this be the root cause? The car was sitting off and idle for 2 days like this.

Sigh, any comment would be greatly appreciated, as I've been looking forward to owning one for ages, I just wish the car would start!

As a side note, does anybody know what Optima battery model would fit a Boxster? Or what battery size I should get. I want to start afresh, once the problem is found. I'm located in Australia if that helps

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2007, 03:33 PM
blinkwatt
Pro

Maybe an ignition switch problem? They have been known to cause a whole bunch of different electrical problems If so then it's only $15 to fix and 1-2 hours of labor.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:11 PM
egress91506
Advanced

Sorry about your troubles. I don't have any ideas on what's causing the drain on the battery, but here's a website with lots of information re: Boxster and batteries. It will answer your Optima question. http://mike.focke.googlepages.com/batteries

One big problem when the battery dies is that you're access to the front trunk becomes more difficult. The website (I think) addresses that, or you can search the message boards at www.ppbb.com

Quick Reply: Just picked up my Boxster. 2 days later battery died