Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster emissions warantee, hey come on guys somebody knows the answer to this

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 08:52 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Boxster emissions warantee, hey come on guys somebody knows the answer to this

Please check my posting about 3 or 4 lines below this one, and let me know how long Porsches emission control waranty lasts, 50K or 100K.

Thanks Bill
Old 08-19-2002, 05:52 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you called PCNA? Either they or your dealer should be able to tell you that, check with multiple dealers if necessary but PCNA in Atlanta should be your primary source.
Old 08-19-2002, 09:12 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ken

Yeah, I checked with PCNA, and they said that some emissions stuff is warranteed for 50k and some is warranteed for 80k. The catylitic converter and the brain are warranteed for 80k and the rest is for 50k. I just wanted someone elses opinion. Not that I don't trust mfgs, but I have had experience paying for covered stuff. I think they are telling the truth, but I just wanted to make sure. I tried to get the info from the EPA, boy that was a joke.

Thanks for your help,

Bill
Old 08-23-2002, 01:27 AM
vwaudiracing
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know if this helps.....but....I know that most companies it depends on the state. For example with VW in MA it is 7 years 70k...but ct it is only 5yrs 50k. The reason for this isthe high emission law states require the warranty to be longer then the fed mandated warranty (which I think is now at 5/50.) I know that everything I said isnt specific to Porsche, but hope it helps. Also if you go to your local dealer they have a warranty manual that has no trade secrets or anything like that in them....so they should be able to show u in black and white what the actual warranty on any type of system is.

Quick Reply: Boxster emissions warantee, hey come on guys somebody knows the answer to this