Turbo Performance Center-Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 10:26 AM
Greenman
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Turbo Performance Center-Supercharger

Hi,

I am the owner of a 996 C4. Talked to TPC about thier upcoming 996 supercharger. I noticed they also have one for the 986. Has anyone dealt with TPC and if so were you satisfied?

Thanx
Old 08-04-2002, 05:59 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

I think 2.5L Boxster owners for the most part have been happy but 3.2L owners aren't going for the TPC SC because there isn't a lot of HP gain on the 3.2L. I think people said it was best if TPC did the install instead of your own mechanic. I have no personal experience with them though.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:53 PM
Elga 2.5 S & TOF
1st Gear

I have the TPC supercharger in a 1999 2.5 Boxster. Park Place Porsche in Dallas did the installation. I had no problems with it but I never thought it had the 300 h.p that is shown on the dyno at the TPC website. My wife and I recently moved to Baltimore, about 15 minutes from TPC. I took my car to them. They discovered a kink in one of the air tubes and a couple of leaks. Those have been replaced. They also installed a new Motronic, a new air sensor and a K & N air filter. I will be going to Summitt Point in a couple of weeks hopefully to try out the new configuration. I was pleased with the work and prompt attention I received from TPC.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:51 AM
Ghost Rider
Banned

I should point out that Milo's Boxster a 2.7 just blew its motor today and it had the TPC supercharger on it.

I think for the 2.5's it works well but for 2.7 and especially the 3.2 it isn't a good choice. For the 3.2 it would cost me $6600 from TPC to get an additional 30-40 HP with their supercharger for the 3.2. Evidently they claim not enough room to install a large enough one.

I discount that claim, although I am certain they don't think there is room, a creative solution could be found that would provide enough room, especially if they routed around the intake tubing, etc. Turbo kits eat into the trunk and if there is room for twin turbos I have to believe there is room for a slightly larger supercharger...

Just my 2 cents...
Old 08-26-2002, 11:16 PM
vwaudiracing
AutoX

Been involved with 5 installations of the tpc supercharger for the 986 (none S) and all went very well. Everyone I have installed for have been very happy and have had zero problems with them. I can tell you first hand anythime there was a problem during installation...or even just a question that TOC was first rate. They answered them quickly and correctly (thats important) The best part was that the gentleman I talked to didnt have to find out the answers he already knew them all.

Quick Reply: Turbo Performance Center-Supercharger