Sponsored by:

Will 18" turbo twists fit??

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 10:31 AM
TJ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Will 18" turbo twists fit??

I am thinking about buying some 18" turbo twist wheels from a guy who is selling the ones off his 996. I know that they are 18x8 and 18x10. My question is whether they will fit my Boxster S? I know that those wheels were an option from Porsche but they were 18x8 and 18x9 for the Boxster. I thought I have hear of people putting 10s on the rear, but I'm not sure if they used spacers or not.
Anyone know if they will fit?
Thanks
-TJ
Old 02-26-2002, 05:51 PM
SH
5th Gear

Thumbs up

I went to my local dealer and they had several boxsters for sale with the 18in turbo twists on them, but I would still call your local dealer and check on your specific year. Anyways best of luck with the rims.
-Scott-
Old 03-08-2002, 02:05 AM
Eddie from West LA
1st Gear

Thumbs up

The 18" Turbo Twists from a 996 will fit with a 18mm spacer from Techart or a 20mm spacer from H&R on the rear wheels. (both available from either Performance Products, Tweeks, or your local Porsche dealer)

I have had this setup on my Boxster ('01) and it works fine.

You should probably also tie back your emergency brake lines to the suspension arm. When you take your wheels off, you will see what I am talking about, the e-brake lines run right next to one of the suspension arms.

Sounds like a lot of work, but this is the result (clear rears not real, just some Photoshop fun!):

Quick Reply: Will 18" turbo twists fit??