Sponsored by:

Repairing a damaged Boxster?

Old 11-19-2001, 10:36 PM
Yan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Repairing a damaged Boxster?

Hi!

I found a sweet damaged Porsche Boxster 1999 with 18 000 miles for sale and I'm interested in buying it. My question is: where can I find used parts for this Boxster at a great price? Is there any big Porsche scrap yard?

Here are the damaged parts that need to be changed: both front wings, the hood, the front bumper, both headlights, the radiator, the radiator support, the air conditioning rotor, "maybe" the left front door, the left mirror, the rear right braking light, both front suspensions assemblies, the rear left suspension assembly and both airbags.

The engine, the interior and the wheels aren't damaged at all, everything is ok. The guy is asking 17 500$ canadian (about 10 500$ US?). Can anybody help me? What do you think about the condition of the car?

Here is a picture of the car:

Thanks ALOT for your help!
Yan
Old 11-19-2001, 11:39 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Walk away. Actually run . Seriously, from the looks of the car the front unit body may need some work also. I would not be surprised from the pictures if the frame needs straightened, not to mention that you can bet you are going to need more parts than what you have listed such as impact bumper frame work, headlight assemblies, All the plastic aerodynamics under the front of the car, etc. I have seen a couple of Boxsters with significantly less visual damage cost $25k US to fix correctly. Also, there is not a very large supply of salvage parts on the Boxster yet. With the price of Boxster plunging you can get a very nice low mileage car that has not sustained any damage for the price this one will likely cost to fix correctly. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Repairing a damaged Boxster?