Sponsored by:

Good News on Quaife ATB diff. for Boxster S

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2001, 08:11 PM
Marco Polo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Good News on Quaife ATB diff. for Boxster S

As announced a few days ago, Quaife will develop an ATB unit for the Boxster S if they get 25 prepaid orders. The good news is that they will require only 50% of the price to be prepaid and that the average price for existing units runs around $1,000.

So, instead of the $2,000 prepayment I had guessed at originally, the up-front amount is likely to be only about $500 per differential.

There is another hurdle, though, in that they require examples of a dif. carrier and an output flange before they can quote the price. I will be taking this to some established shops to see if they can accommodate this requirement.

Please let me know of any serious interest. The more purchasers I can assure to the shop, the more likely they will believe 25 orders, including their own, can be accumulated, and the more likely they will go to the trouble of providing the loaner parts.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:08 AM
BOX 99R
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

marco polo could u pls confirm that your car has a 3.4ltr motor as im about to undertake this conversion myself did u have many troubles with the wiring harness and ecu and the spacing down of the motor as im on the other side of the earththis imfomation is kinda tough to get with thanks greg
oreganair@bigpond.com.au

Quick Reply: Good News on Quaife ATB diff. for Boxster S