Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Betrayed by a fellow motorist. Cell phone speed traps.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 02:33 AM
Bob D.
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
To me there is a huge difference betweeen "aggressive driving" and enjoying a Porsche at speed on a flat, open road. Yes, his indicated top speed was too high, but still sounds like Bimmer was closer to the latter than the former.

There are stretches of road in Canada and the upper midwest where anybody with a Porsche who does NOT go a bit fast sometimes must have already had one of those catastrophic crashes, 'cuz they don't have a heartbeat. ;-) Flat, open and perfect visibility for miles, with little to no traffic at some times of the day. IMHO being pulled over for exceeding the posted limit on these roads is usually to collect revenue, not stop a crime.
Old 07-03-2003, 01:02 AM
mucor
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Bob. If you read bimmer's post carefully, he was clearly on an open road with minimal traffic. There are plenty of places where you can go much faster than the posted limit quite safely. I see no problem of going even 130 mph if the road is wide open and there are no cars around. All he did was to post an interesting experience, I don't think he was looking for sympathy. We're driving porsches for a reason, learn to enjoy it from time to time. None of us should be playing judge/jury.

Quick Reply: Betrayed by a fellow motorist. Cell phone speed traps.