Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 11:08 PM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Boxster owner waving

Posted new because I find that generally front engined Porsche do not return my wave. Certainly not the nice red 928 in the next lane over, stopped at the traffic light, even made eye contact. Never get a wave from a 944. Almost always from a 911 regardless of year -- sometimes from Corvettes, Z3s, old MGB, Alfa, Triumph, pick-up trucks, and kids in their trick Hondas. One of the Corvette guys (very trick 70s car) obviously wanted to race and flashed a large roll of bills. Might have taken him on the track, but no way on the public roads.

Why blame the Boxster owners for not waving back, some of them may not know, and others may have given up? I will still continue to act goofy by waving at every Porsche I see. Old habit. Flashing is not a good idea in Maryland, they now issue tickets, seems they think you are trying to tip someone off of impending speed trap. "Illegal use of a signaling device" some have suggested fighting it, but I am not inclined to want to sit by the side of the road for 15 minutes getting a lecture and a ticket, then having to go to court.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:38 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If anybody's been to Hershey...you know that Porsche enthusiasts come in all sizes, water or air cooled, front, mid or rear engined...

I have never been waved or flashed so many times in such a short period of time...
Old 05-16-2003, 03:32 AM
Jack '84 928s
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where I live no one ever waves at my porsche even if i try and make it a point to wave at them. lol oh well.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:27 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Alan: which car were you driving. Certainly no one would ignore you in the SC! Would they???

I get ignored more often than not. But, like you, I will keep doing it for those rare occasions when it's recognized and/or acknowledged.

/net
Old 05-16-2003, 03:32 PM
KJM3SMG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I wave at the Porsche guys to say nice car yet most of them look at me as if I'm being a *****. BMW-Porsche ties not good? :-(

Oh well after this weekend I'll have both hopefully.. M3 + Boxster S.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:30 PM
Boxsterdoc46
Track Day

I try to wave and say hello to all the other porsches with usually mixed responses...in the midwest area and Chicago seems like they are still in hibernation

Quick Reply: Boxster owner waving