Sponsored by:

suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 09:32 PM
rossa
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post suggestions...

Hi everyone, I am new... I just bought a 2000 Boxster with 36,000 miles; I am very happy except 2 things: 1. the stereo does not sound good. Any quick fixes? Is it possible to simply add an amp for more power and better speakers? Any suggestions? 2. More importantly, the clutch. Even though it does not "tear", when you start off the line, even with low to moderate rpms, it makes an annoying sound. Anyone else experience this? My car is still under warranty but the Vancouver Porsche dealer says it is probably wear and tear. Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks
Old 10-01-2003, 04:26 PM
944nut
AutoX

Check eBay for Boxster Rear Speaker Kit. The best thing you can do for starters is get some speakers in the rear.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:03 AM
HBacura
Racer

I checked into this before I wrecked my Boxster back July. I was recommended from a buddy of mine who manages at an audio shop here in town to first upgrade your head unit (deck) You'll be wasting so much money and time upgrading your amp or speakers first due to the limitations of the factory deck. I added a set of '12s so the factory amp needed to go. I did upgrade the factor speakers just because he hooked me up big time for buying the deck and subwoofers. Keep in mind my setup is a little more then moderate that's why I had to get rid of the factory equipment. If you are someone who enjoys more bass, then you'll have to get rid of your deck first. If you are more of a treble or nice blend, your factory deck might do the job for you. Too bad for me I got to only enjoy my new sound system for one day before my accident. But, hey I've been quoted to have my car back by the end of next week.

Quick Reply: suggestions...