Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheapest nationwide auto insurance for Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 12:59 PM
Edward Kay
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cheapest nationwide auto insurance for Porsche?

Hello All,

I need to move off of Geico (aka ripoff) on to a more reasonable insurance company. I am a 31 year old single male with flawless driving record (no tickets or accidents) and excellent credit.

I need to insure my 1999 Porsche 996 Cab and 1997 BMW 528i. I do not want to put homeowner's or anything else with the company.

Any ideas? Anyone with a remotely similar profile? What are you paying? I need to get a company with a good AM Best/S&P rating that will actually pay claims if needed. My best quote to date is AMICA at $1487 a year. 100/300 Standard Coverage with dual $500 deductibles.

Thank you,
Edward
Rennlist Member
Old 06-02-2003, 03:47 PM
ettsn
Pro

I've got Amica, and I love them. Best part is you'll get some of that $1487 back at the end of the year. They are a mutual insurance company, so they return dividends to their customers based on total claims (the fewer claims complany-wide, the bigger the return). Last year, I got back about $200. FWIW, I'm 30 with a spotless (where's that wood again...) driving record living in Atlanta (location makes a big difference), and I pay about $1100/y on an '01 986S.

I've been with Amica for 15 years, and I don't plan on changing. Every claim I've ever had was paid promptly with zero hassle. Try them, you'll like them!

-Paul
Old 06-03-2003, 10:40 AM
TMW
Track Day

You might try Lealand-West through the Porsche Club. They have good rates, but I've never had a claim.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:25 AM
KJM3SMG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
having worked as an independent insurance agent, what I've come to learn is that insurance companies rate differently, so that you may be ripped off by Geico, but another is getting a great deal. So shop around. Insurance companies use different formulas, and weigh different factors like age, sex, marital status, state, etc.. with different points. Each time I have a big change I try diff. companies and get completely diff. ratings, and switch.

There is no rule like Geico sucks, State Farm is cheapest..etc. etc. It all depends. So shop around, call Progressive..they give quotes of other companies too so that saves you time. Compare and pick the cheapest for the insurance coverage you require.

For example, for me, I'm 27, Male, Single.. in Virginia. 1 Speeding ticket in the last 3 years, home owner.. with a 2002 BMW M3, 2000 Porsche Boxster S, and 1999 Mazda pickup.. $280 a month. Best deal I've found so far.. with... GEICO.
Old 06-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Kimi322
Advanced

Quick Reply: Cheapest nationwide auto insurance for Porsche?