Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built in Finland

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 05:44 PM
JeffES
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My understanding is that that some exclusive options are shipped straight to Valmet from their respective vendors - most other exclusive opts go only to Zuffenhausen. Also, since all Valmet production is shipped to Germany prior to shipping elsewhere in the world, "roughly" two weeks would not be a major problem... unless there's a rail hiccup. I wonder if Leipzig will be able to handle some of the Exclusive installs?? Much closer to Finland than Stuttgart!
J
PS - let us know @ new 04's, OK???
Old 05-01-2003, 08:26 PM
ettsn
Pro

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by JeffES:
<strong>Since Fall '99 (2000MY) the only Boxsters assembled in Zuffenhausen are those with a very high level of exclusive options.... Valmet does not have that equipment. The caveat is that a chassis may have been originally spec'd to be a high option vehicle, but would have been changed to fill a client order.
Jeff
PS - even factory delivery Boxsters for the German market are assembled in Finland!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Hmm. My 01 S has everything in the book, except navigation and it is a Valmet car. It has things like heated fine grain seats, alu-look package, DSP stereo, PSM, etc.

-Paul
Old 05-02-2003, 07:48 AM
theboyg
AutoX

I was told by a dealer about 60 are built per day in Finland, and 8 per day in Germany.

If you opt for the Factory Collection, then it's automatically built in Germany.

G.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:51 PM
JeffES
Pro

Paul...
By "high" level, I meant options such as paint to sample or interior to sample, for example, plus the other offerings from the Exclusive Department.
Jeff
PS - I know, Paint to Sample is a fairly recent option for NA, but has been available "over there"....
Old 05-02-2003, 12:56 PM
JeffES
Pro

True story... and I've pics of it somewhere....
Saw a Boxster 2.7 in 2000 awaiting Factory delivery. Noticing the amber turn signals, I wandered over for a closer look - to my surprise, the IP was in Metric, the Stereo was MD, not CD, and the interior was color to sample - a German market car! I asked @ the amber lamps, and was told that the client was an "Americaphile" - wore Levi's, tennis shoes, the whole thing... and wanted his Boxster to "look American"..... don't know if that story was true or not, but it sounded interesting.

Quick Reply: Built in Finland