roof

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 01:21 PM
daisy
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post roof

hi folks,
Anyone experienced a problem closing the roof?
When I close the roof it is very difficult to pull it into its fixing hole, I do manage to do it every time but it seems to be a struggle. Any comments on this issue would be appreciated.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:06 AM
NoPorscheRightNow
Intermediate

Oh! I thought this would be a post on a German Tuner!
Old 04-21-2003, 03:59 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Daisy,

I don't seem to have any problems with the soft-top, it aligns itself and is easy to close each and every time. I am assuming you are talking about the soft-top? I don't have a hard-top for mine so I don't have any experience with it, if that's the top you are talking about.

What year is it? If you still have a warranty you should have the dealer fix it.

/net
Old 04-22-2003, 07:46 PM
sailor
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Assuming you are talking about a soft top, have it checked out ritght away. My '99 is in the shop right now because the convertible top assembly has Crashed. Apparently, there was a problem one of the guide assemblies, drivers side, and the top transmission on that side as well. I don't know which went first. There was no indication of a problem until the top closed about 9/10's of the way and stopped. I had it taken to the dealer thinking it must be something minor since there was no bump, no noise, no indication that something major had occurred. Then came the estimate.....Up to $12,000 to fix!, depending how much damage has occurred.
Don't fool around with this problem! Have it checked out by someone who knows these cars before you end up with a real problem.
I don't mean to be an alarmist, but an $8,000 to $12,000 repair will no doubt change the way you feel about your Boxster. If you attend to the problem now, it will most likely be a minor inconvenience.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: roof