Sponsored by:

New Rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 04:32 PM
verviers
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New Rims

I was thinking of putting on some new wheels for my Boxster. The 17" factory wheel are nice but something is missing. I'm pretty sure that the 996 Turbo wheels fit fine on this car (18x8 , 18x10). I am also considering HRE 19x8 and 19x10.

Does anyone know of a real nice setup, and what is the limit to the wheel size with tire size I can go for?

My goal is both cosmetic and performance based. but I do not want to use spacers (understearing issues) or get the tires rubbing.

PS I also would lower the car a bit. I know that its dumb to mess with Porsche suspension.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2003, 09:50 PM
Q
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The rear 996 Turbo rims are 18*11.
The Turbo Look rims 18*10 - just so you are aware of the difference.

I am putting some Turbo-look wheels on my 'S'
next month.
I will be trying to squeese some 285's under the guards.
The car is already lowered, so I figure this will work very well or
.....end up in grief
Old 04-26-2003, 11:07 AM
rage
Intermediate

I am running a set of Roock two pce rims with a rear size of 18 x 10.5 ... the fit is very tight, but I have no rubbing. The car is also dropped with an Eibach spring kit. With my rims I tried a set of 285s on the rear, but the tires (p-zeros) I used touched the strut on the inside due to the rim protector, I was told that the s-O2 will fit in the 285 size. I settled on a 265 for now. The 285 looked very cool on the car when I mounted them. I hope this helps

Cheers
Old 04-26-2003, 06:25 PM
verviers
AutoX

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by rage:
<strong>I am running a set of Roock two pce rims with a rear size of 18 x 10.5 ... the fit is very tight, but I have no rubbing. The car is also dropped with an Eibach spring kit. With my rims I tried a set of 285s on the rear, but the tires (p-zeros) I used touched the strut on the inside due to the rim protector, I was told that the s-O2 will fit in the 285 size. I settled on a 265 for now. The 285 looked very cool on the car when I mounted them. I hope this helps

Cheers</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">rage,

What lowering height were you able to use, did you use progressive or linear springs, and how is the end result as far as ride quality and handling?

Thanks
Old 04-27-2003, 02:51 PM
rage
Intermediate

Verviers,

I don't know if I can answer all of your questions.... The eibach kit I purchased I believe comes in only one configuration. The "Pro kit" lowers the car 1" all around. The part number is 7212.140. I have heard that H & R springs lower the car a little more!?

As far as ride quality, the car is definitely stiffer. When I compare to my friends boxster the ride is still comfortable but the responsiveness is fantastic. I have autocrossed the car a couple of times last year and loved the difference. On the public roads I find them a very good trade off.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rage

Quick Reply: New Rims