Sponsored by:

2003 tops

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 06:29 PM
sailor
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Post 2003 tops

Is it just me?! I think the new glass window convertible top looks awkward, especially when compared side by side to the old soft-window top. The small window and the extra hoop round off the roof giving it a very dull shape, whereas the old ones had a much nicer shape and window proportion. I think we've given up alot for the sake of a glass window. Not a big deal, perhaps, but I'm surprised I've never heard anyone comment on it.
I'm planning to purchase a new Boxter (my 5th Porsche) within the next month or two. Any suggestions for saving money? Any incentives coming up? Thanks for your comments!
Old 11-20-2002, 07:25 PM
craigg
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems that Porsche "physics" are in play, once again( for every action, there is an equal, and opposite, reaction). No matter what change is made, there is always a "downside"

I never understood all the hubbub about the plastic window in the first place. I can see out it just fine (usually someone trying to catch up with me...) and I like the lines of the roof, if it has to be up, that is. I was looking at the 2003 and I guess there is a bit more of a bulbousness but I still think the car looks so great, well, you know! I was beside an M Roadster today and besides the fact that the car looks like a shoe, I see it too has a plastic rear window on the softop. Not a pretty car to my eye - and so the Boxster, with any roof, looks far nicer.

As for incentives, no idea, but February is the ususal "buyer's paradise" - not sure about Porsche though.

Quick Reply: 2003 tops