Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster just a Doctors Wife's car???

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Boxster just a Doctors Wife's car???

I found this on <a href="http://www.spyderchat.com" target="_blank">www.spyderchat.com</a>

Eric you are a numbers kind of guy you will own a sports car for a while then move into some kind of sporty grocery getter. The real problem is that you have never driven the cars that made the name. Obviously anyone who would say the Miata is not a sports car is awash in a sea of grocery getters. The way that you, Eric, measure a sports car is any car that will beat any other car -- what a bout a TR6 definately a sports car 0-60 probably about 10 sec. Lotus 7 originally had about 50 hp porsche 550 50 or 60 hp. None of these would "beat" any of the worst trucks or minivans that Toy can produce MGTC TF MGA MGB Jag XKE Mercedes 190 -- but there isnt a Totota that feels or sounds or smells like any of these cars -- Power widows hell IF there was a top it took 15 minutes to put up -- you didnt bother with it you just drove faster. Heaters were a joke, They werent comfortable they broke down -- a lot -- they are cars that real people drove to work the when the week-end came the drove at places like Sebring and Watkins Glen. That is the heritage -- I will give the performance to the Boxster Porshce very seldom does Porsche make a bad car -- but they have to sell the cars and the people who can afford them are "Doctors" and because it is only a toy the "Doctor" buys it for his wife -- she wants the windows and all the power crap, but now the damn thing is so expensive -- how many Porsche owners ever really test the cars envelope. Hell arguably I bought the Spyder for Spyderwoman as a toy. Frankly there arent a whole lot of cars that really appeal to me -- imagine my surprise when I found that Toyota had built a true Roadster. Spyderwoman had no interest in cars at all until she discovered what a Roadster was all about -- you know -- that wouldnt have happened with a Porsche or an S2000 -- we are richer for the experience.

for full thread:
<a href="http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=176541&list=all" target="_blank">http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=176541&list=all</a>

Is this guy INSANE? He claims to go to Road Atlanta, how about some of our brethren down in Dixie showing this guy what performance really is???

BTW, has anyone else had trouble getting into the forums in the last couple of days???
Old 01-07-2003, 06:25 PM
RobertG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh lemmie at `em lemmie at `em, I'll Moitalize `em!

Quick Reply: Boxster just a Doctors Wife's car???