Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 11:28 PM
Miker911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Charlotte AutoFair Spring 2003

Charlotte Autofair Spring 2003

On Sunday, April 6th, the annual Food Lion Auto Fair held at the Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte will host the Porsche Club. We have participated in this event for the last 6 or 7 years, first in the form of European Car Day and most recently as the Carolinas PCA. We have grown to one of the largest car club displays at either the Fall or Spring show. Last Fall we had 40 entries and would have had an awesome display, except for the rain. As it was we still had 8 cars show up, yes we did drive our cars in the rain.

This year we have already exceeded the 70 car mark and are shooting for over 100 cars. With over 1,000 members in the Carolina region we should be able to do that. This is a fun event with lots of attendance prizes and trophies given out. It is not a judged event however, the entries just vote for the car they like the most in the designated classes and for the People's choice. The most important thing to remember is the event is FREE. Where else can you see great looking Porsches, mingle with friends and people you haven't seen for a while, look at hundreds of classic cars and hot rods and not pay to do it.

This is just not a PCA event; it is open to anyone that owns a Porsche. We have always had entries from the other regions as well as non-PCA members and hope that will continue. We just want to let people see our cars and hang out.

All you need to do is send me an e-mail and I will send you two passes for that Sunday with a pass to get your car in the Speedway infield. Sorry but you need to enter your Porsche in order to get the tickets. Send the e-mails to miker911@aol.com and I will get the tickets to you as soon as they are available. Make sure you include your address, phone number and year/type of Porsche. In order to get everyone their tickets in time I will not be able to accept any registrations after March 29th so get your entries in before that.

So wash the winter off your Porsches, tell your friends and plan on attending

Thanks

Mike Rich
miker911@aol.com