Sponsored by:

Window Squeak

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 11:48 AM
DCBoxster
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Window Squeak

Although I really enjoy my 2002 Boxster (Orient Red with Grey Leather) one problem is annoying me. When the windows are up all the way, there is a very irritating squeak as (I'm assuming) the glass is rubbing against the rubber weatherstripping (not sure if I'm using the correct technical terms, but I think you'll know what I mean). The way I've resolved this is by lowering the windows a tiny bit, but this isnt always the easiest thing to do with electric windows. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggested solutions? Thanks!
Old 12-10-2002, 02:15 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My mom's car has the same problem, it's a 2000 with 13k miles..

I find this totally unacceptable for a Porsche.

Build quality what??

Its been to the dealer once for squeaks already and its going back a second time.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:30 PM
DCBoxster
3rd Gear

Mine is a 2002 with only 5K miles... even more unacceptable!
Old 12-10-2002, 06:11 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

You need Gummiphledge, available from your BMW parts counter. Comes in a tube, sort of a vaseline like substance, smear that on the rubber, squeaks will be gone.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:59 PM
Dave-Montreal
Track Day

I had the same problem. Car was quiet for about the first 6 months, then I got the squeaks and rattles, and like you say they would stop if the window was lowered by a fraction. The garage put some kind of silicone lubricant on the door seals, and lubed the door catches, but still had the noise. Went back again, and the service report reads as follows: "Removed air screens in roll bar & added felt strips on both. Lifted roof open a bit and lubed rubber parts including RR deck cover. Relubed rubbers around door windows."
After that the car was quiet - but for how long? I have just put the car in storage, so I guess I'll find out next Spring.

Quick Reply: Window Squeak