Sponsored by:

Good 4 seasons car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 07:39 PM
Cwalsh
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Good 4 seasons car?

I was just about to buy a used Boxster as a second but suddenly my other car is giving me trouble and I am thinking of selling it. Now I have a dilemna. Do I go ahead and sell my car and buy or lease a new Boxster. The problem is that I live in the Northeast and I am not sure if I want to subject the car to rain, sleet and snow and how will it perform if I do? Any one have experience with this?
Old 10-19-2002, 11:16 AM
John Murray
Racer

I drive mine all year'round. Taking off, cornering and accelerting is not a problem in the inclement weather, its stopping thats a bitch. The rain, snow, etc. will not hurt the car. They are galvanized. Get snow tires and you should be ok most of the time. When its 3 inches of snow or more I drive my beat up Corolla....

Good Luck.
Old 10-19-2002, 03:22 PM
Sean
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the general consensus is that Boxsters perform wonderfully in all kinds of weather. If anything, they are better than most vehicles in this capacity (grippy tires, low center of gravity, mid-engine handling characteristics, outstanding brakes, etc.).

You might look for a 2001 or later car, since PSM became available for Boxsters in 2001. I would assume that PSM would be a handy option to have in inclement weather.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:19 AM
Cwalsh
2nd Gear

Thank You both for the info. I am looking at a 2000 or newer car for the 2.7 and the gearing changes. What tires do you recommend for an all weather Boxster? I have been running Toyo Proxes fz4 on my GTi and have never had a problem. What do you think? Going to look at a black '00 Boxster with Sport Package tomorrow and a silver'01 on thursday.

Quick Reply: Good 4 seasons car?