Sponsored by:

Bilsteins for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Andy (Portland, OR)
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bilsteins for sale

Now that I have a 996 GT3 for the track, I'm detuning my 986S suspension to make it more of a street touring (long distance driving) setup. So, I'm selling my Bilsteins and putting the OEM shocks back on.

Here is all the info you should need to decide if they are of interest to you:

Front part no: VN7-4621-HO List price: $320 Paid: $225
Rear part no: VN7-4622-HO List price: $287 Paid: $205
Fitment (per Bilstein fitment guide): 986 Boxster/BoxsterS 1997-2004
Mileage: 5,500
Condition: excellent; no accidents, no damage

Note: Bilstein makes three shocks for our cars: HD, SP and PSS9. These are the HD. According to Bilstein, the valving on the HD and SP is identical; the SP is 20mm shorter than the HD. My car is lowered on Eibach ProKit springs. I specifically asked the rep if the HDs would work or whether I should get the SPs -- he said he was unaware of any problems using the HDs with Eibach ProKit; on lower springs there would be some risk of bottoming. The HD/Eiback combo never bottomed on me, even on the track (DEs, no racing). So, it would appear to me that the advantage of the HD is that it can be used with either the stock spring ride height or with lowering springs (at least Eibach ProKit). If in doubt, call Bilstein -- their support/accessibility is good.

My price: all four (not sold separately): $430 plus shipping. If interested, send me a PM or email.

Cheers, Andy
Old 02-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Andy (Portland, OR)
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bilsteins SOLD. Going to another Rennlister.

Andy

Quick Reply: Bilsteins for sale