Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster Failure Survey results are in

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 11:53 PM
986Jim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy was (until recently) the parts manager at Porsche in town here, he said very rarely did they ever do any RMS seals on Boxsters. The failure rate at their dealership was in the 5% range or less based on cars over the last 3-4 years still under warranty which would put them back as early as 2000 with 3 warranty old around 3 years ago.

I asked him about RMS failure and he said it was so uncommon to not even worry about it. I showed him the site and all the people complaining about it. He said exactly the same thing many others have already said. When your car is perfect you never venture to the internet to talk to others. Lets face it, 200,000 boxsters and we have maybe 10,000 boxster members on all the boards combined? Many of them join because they had a problem. So guess what, the numbers will be of many people who ever came here because they had a problem. The other 190,000 never had a problem and don't even know what Rennlist is...

Based on that calculator im 51% likely to have some type of failure... That I highly doubt...

Thanks for the effort on this Gundo, but with such a small sample from a message board where people with failures connect, it's pretty one sided, and not going to be even close to what really is happening out there.

Thats like going to a Martial Arts Website sampling the people there what belt they are in Karate, then coming to the conclutions that everybody in the world is on average a green belt or something based on a sampling of people from that site lol...
Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 AM
designman
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone know of a schematic or photo that exists to demonstrate the bearing issue with the intermediate shaft. The idea of insufficient bearing is easy enought to comprehend but it is still abstract without seeing it illustrated.

Quick Reply: Boxster Failure Survey results are in