Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Changer help

Old 12-23-2006, 10:21 PM
BoxsterTim
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Changer help

I recently (last week) bought a 2001 Boxster S that only has 18k miles. My first porsche and I love it. It has 987 S wheels and the clear side markers, im planning on doing the newer all red tail lights too, but the wheels really update the look for sure.

Anyways the CD changer wont eject and a remanufactured one from the dealer is like $800. Ive been hearing that these units are junk anyways so I dont want to spend the $800 to only have it go out on me again.

Does anyone know of any good aftermarket units that will plug and play with the factory setup? Or possibly any thing that will also do iPod integration?

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2006, 11:52 PM
clb0099
Instructor

Tim ,

i have one that is brand new .. it was installed for 1 day in my porsche boxster give me an e-mail at arlindanchris@aol.com
Old 12-24-2006, 03:35 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the fuse first

d-9

also theres an internal fuse theat can be replaced if your inlined enough to take it apart
Old 12-24-2006, 05:51 PM
BoxsterTim
8th Gear

The CD changer works fine except for the whole ejecting thing. There are 6 discs in it right now and it will go back and forth to the different discs and plays fine. Its just when I press the button for it to come out it kinda shakes a little and then just stays there.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:56 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Place two small flat tip screw drivers and while you hit the button use the screw drivers to overcome the resistance that is blocking the magazine from ejecting...
Old 12-25-2006, 10:15 PM
BoxsterTim
8th Gear

right, i did that and got my cd's back, but it does the same thing the next time i try to get it out.

So is this a common thing?
Old 12-26-2006, 08:40 AM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

all you need is a new cd magazine, the one you have is warped, just go to the dealer and buy a new magaznie and youll be back in bussness
Old 02-16-2007, 11:31 AM
RG Najarian
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 18 Posts

Unfortunately I Feel like an expert on the CDC 3. I have had two in my car within a time period of two years and overall am unsatisfied with the unit.

I may be able to help. My last unit had two problems.

1) Would not eject. Though it made every effort to eject the magazine
2) Once the magazine was in the unit it would not recognize the cd changer

I was able to fix problem one. I took apart the unit an saw the eject mechanism was mechanically held up by a small rubber band which came off the eject mechanism. I replaced the band and it ejects without a problem. Prior to fixing the problem I was able to remove the magazine by lifting up on it when I pushed the eject button. If you are interested I could send you photos of where the problem rubberband is

However I still need help with number Two. Power is obviously getting to my cdc 3 unit but the head unit will not recognize it. I have changed head units and cables to no avail. Any thoughts? Suggestions? I have been unable to find any aftermarket cd changers for the becker headunits

Thanks Gang

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CD Changer help