Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in the Atlanta area want to help each other with diagnostics?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 05:38 PM
deliriousga
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in the Atlanta area want to help each other with diagnostics?

Is there anyone out there (hopefully we end up with a group of people) who lives in the Atlanta area who has a Boxster and willing to trade diagnostic help?

In the 928 community, we get together when someone has a problem and swap parts from a working car to plug it into the car having a problem to see if that part is the cause or if we need to look elsewhere. It's a great way to do diagnostics when you're stuck, especially with parts prices being what they are.

So, if you're interested in something like this, please let me know. I can keep a list of contact info and distribute it to the guys who are a part of it or put it on a secure area of my website and password protect it. I was thinking about this because I'm currently in a pickle trying to figure out why our Boxster is not running right and there is nothing out there like this for the Box.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:45 PM
slider172
Scared to Look
Rennlist Member

Cool

I live on the south side (Fayette ) and I have acess to a nice (air conditioned ) shop with air tools floor jacks, a place to keep the beer cold, you name it.
My biggest thing is time. Or lack there of. I am also supposed to be selling my Boxster soon (we'll see about that ). Anywho, Put me on the list.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:52 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If anyone is web savy, what our local 944 group did was to start our own webpage forum. Really helps keep and get the local people together, and a lot of people found the website by doing google searchs for clubs etc in our area. www.kcws.org if you want to see the setup. In about 2-3 years, the club has grown to over 170 members, with probably about 35-40 local to the KC area (some are in St louis, omaha NE, etc)

We use to have a nice paragraph about what the club was about etc, but since we have moved to new software, I just noticed that is not there anymore.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:16 PM
deliriousga
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Doc. That's a great idea. I'm about to change hosting companies for my personal website and they have free forums so I may have to give this a try.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:16 PM
AlpharettaRK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I live in Alpharetta, and have a nice shop with a lift in it at my house. I'm always interested in learning more and passing on what little knowedge I've accumulated. I plan on being buried in my Boxster (hopefully a long time from now!) so count me in!

Cheers
Randy

Quick Reply: Anyone in the Atlanta area want to help each other with diagnostics?