Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why my B&M shifter is for sale....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Andy (Portland, OR)
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why my B&M shifter is for sale....

I have a B&M shifter in my Boxster S and love it. When I got my 996 GT3, the shifter felt light, with long, vague throws in comparison. So, I ordered one for the GT3 -- this is the Porsche version preinstalled in the shifter console.

Huge dissappointment -- it really doesn't work in the GT3 because it has a different tranny from that 996. I'm told it relates to a different length control arm. So I immediately removed it (one of two advantages of the Porsche version preinstalled in the console; the other is that it is an OEM part so there are no warranty issues) and have settled for sawing off the shifter lever in the GT3. An improvement, but not nearly as nice as the B&M, oops Porsche, in my Boxster.

So, before returning the shifter to the dealer, I'm offering to pass my deal along to Rennlist members: I got a significant discount because it was the second one I bought -- the price had gone up almost $200 in two years!

$400 plus $25.00 for boxing it up, gas to UPS and shipping UPS ground. Send me an email if interested.

Andy
Old 06-20-2006, 04:31 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

Andy:

Although not cheap to do, one can make a significant improvement in the GT-3's shifting with the installation of some GT-3R parts,....
Old 06-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Andy (Portland, OR)
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
Andy:

Although not cheap to do, one can make a significant improvement in the GT-3's shifting with the installation of some GT-3R parts,....
Geez, thanks Steve. Always there with another way to separate me from my cash.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:23 PM
AaronR968
Racer

If you dont spend it on the car your S.O. will spend it on something else

Quick Reply: Why my B&M shifter is for sale....