Sponsored by:

Boxster vs. S and other silly questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 11:03 PM
stefang
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm. I don't think we're talking about the same kind of trouble. Doing 60 in a 30 in between traffic lights so I could wind it out to the redline is what I'm talking about. Drove an S today. Quite fun. That tiny speedometer really doesn't help in the sanity dept.. I'll definitely need a louder muffler.
I'll try to line up some others this week.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:17 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

for $30k you should be able to find yourself a beautiful 01 or 02 S with low miles that will put the biggest of smiles on your face if you hunt around (ie not go down to the local p-dealer with your checkbook open).

i drove an 03 "base" before my 00 "S" and the difference isn't night and day, but it's dusk and noon lets say. for me, the more hp wasnt necessarily the deciding factor but the whole package - bigger brakes (i loved the look of the red brakes + the stopping was unreal), the louder intake, 6spd gearbox, extra little bodywork tweaks, etc. were enough to sway my decision. if you arent going to an 03, there's very few (note i didnt say none) differences, and none that were large enough to affect anything for me.

Quick Reply: Boxster vs. S and other silly questions