Sponsored by:

Drivers side sill panel (boot switches) remove

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 07:27 PM
First986NJ
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Drivers side sill panel (boot switches) remove

The rear boot switch on the drivers side sill panel dissapeared inside the panel today on my wife. I need to remove the panel to see whats up but can't see how it is held in. I know the passenger side is held in by two screws and clips, but this side does not appear to contain any screws, and it doesn't feel like it is just clipped in.

Anyone know how to remove this switch panel ? My car is a 2003 Boxster
Old 04-19-2006, 09:49 PM
First986NJ
Racer

Thumbs up

Nevermind...I got it.

Remove the 2 small plugs on the inside edge. Take out the two torx screws in behind them (fairly deep, will need a torx screwdriver not a 1/4" socket style driver). Lift straight up on the panel. Takes some oomph, but it comes out clean.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:16 AM
First986NJ
Racer

Originally Posted by First986NJ
Nevermind...I got it.

Remove the 2 small plugs on the inside edge. Take out the two torx screws in behind them (fairly deep, will need a torx screwdriver not a 1/4" socket style driver). Lift straight up on the panel. Takes some oomph, but it comes out clean.
Here is a more complete description of removing and replacing this panel for the 2003 and newer MYs :

You really don't need to remove the screws. The panel contains two slotted flat surfaces which the screws (and the washers that are on them) clamp to the floorpan side surface. There are also three or four clip type retainers on each half of the banel back to hold it in. I just loosened the screws 3 or 4 turns and pulled the panel off straight up, working one end then the other a bit at a time until the clip type retainers released their grip. Before I replaced the panel, I made sure the washers on those screws were resting against the screw heads, assuring there was room to easily slide the slots in the clamping surfaces of the panel over the screw between the washer and the floorpan surface. Then I pressed the panel straight downward, seating the clip type retainers. Once the panel is seated, I just snugged the two screws back up and replaced the covers.

Quick Reply: Drivers side sill panel (boot switches) remove