Imagine Auto 2.5L Supercharger is Live!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 12:01 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruinbro
So, if I double the output it is only a 50% increase?

Bro
i was just showing how doc got to 36%, i didn't say i was right
Old 04-24-2006, 08:56 PM
98993c2s
Addict
Rennlist Member

a 56% hp increase would require over 8 pounds of boost...there is something not right about these numbers, as 8 psi is not 'very low boost'
Old 04-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Any reports on the reliability of such a unit? Not doubting...just curious.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
After year and a half of research, development, and testing, we are pleased to announce the first run of kits are on their way to us as we speak. After we get all the components, and put the individual kits together, they will be ready for shipment to the customer! We have had 2 cars on the road for over a year now with these kits, and the only thing they have needed was a few oil changes.

The official release:

LIMITED FIRST RUN! • • • SECURE YOURS TODAY!
TARGETED DELIVERY DATE 3/13/06

The heart of this kit is the Procharger C1 supercharger. This self-contained blower breaks all the boundaries in the supercharged world. More like a belt-driven turbo than a supercharger, this unit operates at very low temperatures while capturing the highest efficiency ratings for a centrifugal blower. All brackets are CNC’d to exact specifications then powder coated and stamped with the new ImagineAuto/Evolution Motorsports alliance branding. Roto-molded piping ensures a factory look and a very durable system. The kit utilizes all factory components by relocating specific pieces in the system. This means no check engine lights! Instead of trying to piggy back additional fuel in the system we add the proper size injectors and carefully flash your ECU as the factory would with the latest GIAC flashloaded program.
Real world results for the 2.5 were completed on our in-house AWD Mustang Dyno. Base line results were 150 RWHP and after the supercharger was installed, increased to 234 RWHP—a 36% gain over stock. Kit includes:

• C1 Procharger Blower
• Custom CNC’d Mounting Brackets
• Custom Relocated Air Pump Bracket
• High Flow Cotton Air Filter
• Bosch Factory Diverter Valve
• Installation instructions
• Roto-Molded Inlet and Pressure Ducts
• All Hardware incl. Idle Pulleys
• Custom Belt
• Oil for Blower
• All individual Coupling Hose and Clamps
• Custom Proprietary GIAC Flashload Software
• AirPump Extension Harness
A qualified installation facility should have no problem following the included installation instructions. Technical assistance available during normal ImagineAuto business hours.

Price? An affordable $6,995.00. Introductory first run offer, free UPS ground shipping to contiguous 48 states. • 913-310-9927 • www.imagineauto.com

Call and order your kit today before the 1st run is gone.
I have this intake hose for sale $100.
Old 03-17-2023, 09:44 PM
its_nando
1st Gear

Default Need help

Just purchased a 986 Boxster with a Procharger kit is it that same ? This has been the closest I have found would love to know all the info available! Thanks

Old 03-22-2023, 04:52 PM
Bush Pilot
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

More power output means more generated heat to remove from the system. How does the kit address that?
Old 03-23-2023, 12:44 PM
Hasdrubal
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I bet it doesn't, most street intended kits don't. I remember an intro from a book on how to do your own turbo system, talking about how at full throttle, a mild (7psi) turbo would add roughly 50% to the amount of heat produced by the engine, and that on most cars your stock cooling system can keep up for about 30 seconds. It then asked, if you get out on the road and hold full throttle for 30 seconds, how fast will you be going if you have roughly 50% more power than stock? Track is another story, obviously, and I have no idea how much the author's generalities would fare if actually tested, but they sounded reasonable.

I'd be more worried about the lack of an intercooler, but in my younger and more foolish days I put a supercharger on an NSX and it didn't seem to have any trouble without one. Although, that was probably thanks to an aftermarket ecu and a good dyno operator- the same kit originally shipped with a piggyback unit that would occasionally fail and induce detonation bad enough to kill the engine. And again, no track use, so I never tested the limits of the factory cooling system.
Old 03-25-2023, 12:13 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 987 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by Bush Pilot
More power output means more generated heat to remove from the system. How does the kit address that?
Center rad and 996 Coolant pipes are a bolt on upgrade if needed. Center rad requires S or 996 front bumper cover, both of which bolt on. 996 Coolant pipes (also used on later Boxster S) hold almost 1 gallon of additional coolant.

Last edited by Nickshu; 03-25-2023 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Typo
The following users liked this post:
tcora (03-26-2023)

Quick Reply: Imagine Auto 2.5L Supercharger is Live!