Sponsored by:

Ride height???

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Astockboxta
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride height???

Could anyone tell me the ride height of a S Boxster with M 030 option and 17" wheels ??
Im converting to LEDA shocks and have to install at proper ride height.Stock tire size is a given too.
Thanks!!
Old 02-08-2006, 10:25 AM
Astockboxta
AutoX

I really need it measured at the fender lips at top of tire...
Old 02-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Jay Laifman
Pro

I know there was a post to ppbb.com a year or so ago that listed out the various ride heights for the various factory suspension options. They all had a range. Interestingly enough, there is an overlap and my '00 Boxster S rode at the lowest end, which was in the M030 level. To my knowledge, it doesn't have M030 on it.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Jay Laifman
Pro

I went and found the postings. First, there were a number of threads on it with many reports of inconsistent ride heights between stock Boxsters. A number of people who put in ROW M030 reported NO difference in ride height. A number of people reported that if lowering was your intention, then the PSS9 was the way to go. But, then others said that the PSS9 was overkill and too harsh for street driving.

That all said, here are the factory figures:

Front axle height:
USA Series & Sport - 152mm +/- 10mm
ROW Series - 142mm +/- 10mm
ROW Sport - 132mm +/- 10mm

Those specs would allow a 20mm difference in height bwtween US cars and would allow a US car to be the same height as a ROW 030 car.

And, that is in fact what I have with my car. I always knew my car sat lower than a non-S 2.7 I park next to. My measurements were at 140mm - which is actually at the low end of the "ROW Series" and almost into the "ROW Sport." (I'm only reposting what I found from last year. I presume "Series" is stock and "Sport" is M030, but I don't know for sure). Again, all it shows is the wide range of them all.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Astockboxta
AutoX

Thanks !! Jay.
Ill put those measurments to work today..
John Brown
Old 02-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Astockboxta
AutoX

But..Jay , where is the actual measure taken?? Im just not 100% clear.
john
Old 02-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Jay Laifman
Pro

The following are quotes from Supplement 30 of the Porsche Boxster Technical Manual.

Adjustment values for suspension alignment

The following values relate to the empty weight. This means: full fuel tank, vehicle with spare wheel and tools, but without driver and without additional weights.
For a height check, place the vehicle on a level surface or on the measuring platform. Compress the vehicle by approximately 25mm 2-3 times and allow it to spring back freely.

Vehicle height - Boxster and Boxster S

Front-axle height
From road contact surface to lower edge of hexagon-head bolt (a/f 18) of the tension-strut screw connection to the body. (Ed. In the figure the tension-strut is connected to the body via a plate containing three bolts. The measurement is taken with respect to the middle bolt.)

Quick Reply: Ride height???