Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deep Winter Driving

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005 | 04:08 PM
Michael Jekot
Instructor

Default Deep Winter Driving

Just put the snow tires on my 2000 Boxster and here in Minnesota I'm discovering the Boxster to be a very competent if not fantastic driver in the snow and ice we have here. Seems a shame that those folks who put them away for the season cannot enjoy their cars year around. Now if i could just thaw out the top so it would come down I would be set for some really great out of doors driving.

Mike
Old 12-07-2005 | 03:00 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Other than my Subies, I'd have to say the Boxster (with winter tires and a hard top) was probably the best winter car I've had.
Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2005 | 04:42 PM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

I love my Boxster with the hard top and the slightly happy (wags its tail) handling on snow.

I was asounded when the traction control got me up a very steep hill in fresh snow where Mercedes, BMW and others were stuck.
Old 12-07-2005 | 06:10 PM
MelissaInNJ
Instructor

No hard top for me, but I do have winter tires. We had a few inches of snow the other day (Monday evening). I cleaned it off the afternoon after (had a funeral in the morning so no chance to clean it in the morning). Sat cleaned off until this morning (Wednesday). Got in and noticed the window "ka-thug". My windows were frozen shut this morning and didn't drop down when I opened the door. Fortunately got the driver's side one to move freely so I could close my door, but the passenger side remained stuck shut for part of my commute before I could get it to open close freely.

Melissa

Quick Reply: Deep Winter Driving