Took the plunge, Boxster clear bra installed today

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:03 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Took the plunge, Boxster clear bra installed today

So today I had a highly recommended installer (thanks 9Eleven for showing us your car a few weeks back and bringing "FrontGuard" to our attention) install a 3M clear bra on the Cayenne and Boxster...

All I can say is WOW!!! Dark Teal Metallic and Carmon Red Metallic, the seams are hardly there and can only be seen if you are looking for them/right at them.

Took a scrap piece of the film and placed it on some metal and shot it a few times with my son's pellet gun. That's some tuff stuff!

Next up will be the Club Coupe when she arrives in a few weeks. Not only will I get the front kit installed as on the other two cars (hood, grill, bumper, side mirrors) but I might get a custom piece in the back of the 911 just in case someone gives me a gentle tap in a parking lot ala 9Eleven's GT3!

For those of you who were doubters of this clear bra stuff (as was I) I highly recommend it if you can find a good installer! The stuff is tough (as demonstrated by shooting it today with a high powered pellet gun) and looks great!

Don't know if I'll do the Audi too, but for the Cayenne, Boxster and soon to be 911, all three vehicles for which I plan on keeping for a very, very long time - WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 03:22 AM
CHEKUEN
AutoX

Ok my comment....
I had the clear bra on my 911 turbo, I was a big fan.... until i had someone in a parking lot back into my front bumper..... scratched the bra to pieces... I needed to replace anyways.....
Sure if it hit the bumper I would have to paint.....
For rock chips its perfect.... I recently sold the turbo and got the new boxster and cayenne. Please try to convienvce me to go back and use it...

Art
Old 11-09-2005, 09:00 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Go, Go, Go, Go.....

Quick Reply: Took the plunge, Boxster clear bra installed today