Sponsored by:

GHL exhaust long term report?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 02:02 AM
yellowbox
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GHL exhaust long term report?

Hi, I'm thinking about getting a GHL exhaust for my 2.7L box. I've read about resonance between 2k-3k rpm, but it lessens over time. So for those who's had the GHL for extended period of time, has the resonance disappeared? or lessened?
Old 06-30-2005, 11:40 PM
autobahnNY
Pro

I absolutely love the GHL. After the first 1K it really starts to sound awesome. I really don't notice the resonance at 2k-3k rpm( I have over 10,000 mile on mine). Actually I took off the sound deadening cover that's placed over the engine cover for more sound. When I put it back on, I would say its definitely livable. Again, great sound (inside and outside the car), very Porsche like (it doesn't sound like a Japanese import). I have a 3.2L so I'm not too sure how a 2.7L sounds.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Turboflyer
Pro

I just installed a used, appx 10K , GHL on my 01 S. There is a definite resonace at idle and below 3000RPMS. I was expecting more sound at WOT but it sounds about the same and just a tad louder at cruise above 3000. If I had to stay below 3000 for a daily drive dent think it would work for me. I really like the sound of the newer 911 and boxster S which is what I was shooting for. May end up taking this one off, not sure yet.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:30 PM
autobahnNY
Pro

Resonance at idle? I definitely don't have that problem. I'm surprised at your opinion at WOT. Most people say its on the aggressive side. I have the Evo intake so I hear a combination of both sounds. The new Boxster has a revised intake as well; so with your stock intake you won't get that type of sound. Give it some time. Let us know what ya decide on...
Old 07-27-2005, 01:38 AM
yellowbox
6th Gear

Turboflyer, did you get it from ebay about 1 wk ago? I was going to make a bid, but I was surprised how high it sold for. Have you heard the PSE? If you think GHL is not that loud, then PSE might not be even worth it then?
Old 07-27-2005, 02:42 AM
Turboflyer
Pro

I have not heard the PSE, not sure if your are talking about the Porsche Sport Exhaust, most likely. The GHL is more suited to those that go fast most of the time, IMHO. I am sure it flows better and not offensive above 3000RPMs. It will be listed on E-bay shortly unless I am contacted off list.

Quick Reply: GHL exhaust long term report?