Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about purchasing a 97-99 Boxster...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 01:09 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HOOJ
Additionally, what is the popular upgrade in terms of aerodynamics? 911 GT3 front spoiler, skirts, and so on?
Depends on the purpose. If it's mostly for looks and functionality is not an issue then beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Do whatever you think looks best.

If you want function over form (not that these look bad either) I put a GT3 front bumper and Getty Design RS rear decklid + spoiler. Made a world of difference in high speed corners at tracks like California Speedway and Willow Springs. The car is far more "planted" now than it was with the stock bumper and spoiler.

Also, if it's applicable, Kokeln Motorsports has, or is developing a rear wing that I believe bolts to the stock decklid.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:53 PM
rubberdub
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm basically shopping around for a clean example whose purpose would be twofold: a nice summer car to cruise trough the Adirondack mountains and around Montreal with, and a daily driver to my university and back through a mile or so of mountain roads for a month or so before winter sets in. Ideally, the GT3 kit like the gentleman above me mentioned, and a set of 18s or 17s with some aftermarket suspension would be the extent of my modifications for the year or two of intended ownership.

Follow up questions: if the 97s are too frail to support an 18" wheel setup, what are the 986-chassis' reactions to an aftermarket suspension, like a Bilstein/H&R combo?

Quick Reply: Thinking about purchasing a 97-99 Boxster...