Sponsored by:

Remote Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 02:14 AM
Dan Hinkebein
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Control

The remote control for my 99 Boxster stopped working today. The indicator light on the remote flashes when either of the buttons are pressed but it will not unlock the doors or open the trunk. I can unlock the doors with the key and the lock switch on the dash functions properly. I have tested all of the fuses in my fuse block with my multi-meter and all are good. When you lock the doors with the key, then light on the lock switch flashes for a few seconds then the indicator on the top of the dash flashes so I belive the alarm is functioning properly. Is there any way to test the remote to see if it's actually transmitting? Are there any other fuses I need to check besides the ones in the fuse block in the drivers side kick panel? My key did take a spin in the washing machine this past weekend. When I retrieved it, I removed the battery, took the circuit board from the remote dried the inside of the housing and allowed the circuit board to dry completely before putting everything back together with a new battery. Everything has worked fine for the last 5 days and as I said the indicator light is working.

Thanks,

Dan

Quick Reply: Remote Control