Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Boxster S owners who also have an STi?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 03:54 PM
lexpilot
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Consider a used 996 Carrera. With the STI you will drive the wheels off of it trying to impress every body how fast it is. With a 911 there is no doubt. You'll save a ton of money on tickets and insurance.
If a 996 is out of your reach then a Boxster is much more fun to drive everyday and it's much quicker to give it a wash job.
My 996 at 43,000 miles has been trouble free.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:36 PM
gmsracing
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexpilot- I thought about a 996, but they were a little more than I wanted to spend. And since I already have a 911, I thought it was a little redundant although I completely understand they are different cars! You're in central Oregon? I'm down in Eagle Point, Or. I don't see nearly as many Porsches here as I did down in Santa Rosa, Ca. (I just moved here.) Are you a member of the PCA up in Eugene? I looked at joining the PCA up there, but most of the events were 2 1/2-3 hours away from me.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:48 PM
gmsracing
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

perfectlap- There have been many comparisons between the Evo & the Sti. Basically it boils down to the fact that the Evo is a little better track car and the Sti is a much better daily driver. Since I wanted a daily driver I went with the Sube.

Quick Reply: Any Boxster S owners who also have an STi?