Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any pics of Boxsters with tinted windows?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 08:09 PM
deliriousga
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any pics of Boxsters with tinted windows?

I'm thinking about tinting the windows on the Boxster since it's a daily driver. I'd like to block out some UV rays to help save the interior without having to put a cover on it after every drive.

I'm thinking of using a sunshade for the front window and tint the sides, but I don't know what to do with the plastic rear window so I'd like to see what it will look like if that's not tinted.

If you have any pics of a tinted Boxster it would be great! Also, if anyone has tinted the rear or replaced it with tinted plastic I'd love to see that and/or know how it has been over time.

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2005, 11:45 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I do the cover after every drive. Well its only a softop cover that straps around the door handles. Basically if the car is sitting for more than two hours the cover is on it. This has significantly cut down on interior cleaning with less dust accumulating and the windows and windshield are always clean.
The cover I used all winter is pretty worn so I guess this practice is already paying off. Hopefully I'll have a hardtop next winter. But for Summer I'll definitely continue covering. Actually its become such a habit that I get antsy if I leave it uncovered.
The first thing I did was to tint the windows 35%. Looks good. But for UV protection it won't cut it as the windshield is a bigger culprit.
I highly encourage others who park there cars outside for more than 6 hours a day to use a top cover. Replacing the soft top is an entirely preventable expense.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:18 AM
deliriousga
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by perfectlap
I do the cover after every drive. Well its only a softop cover that straps around the door handles.
Where did you get that cover? All of the ones I've seen are for the open cockpit. I'd love to have one that's just to cover the soft top and windows.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:28 PM
J-RAD
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

A couple shots of mine:

Old 05-06-2005, 03:40 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

top cover got it on ebay.

Old 05-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Turboflyer
Pro

I saw that as well. Do you think it well made and or suitable for the hard top. I dont really want to tint my windows.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:52 PM
cliang
Instructor

Check out this link.

http://www.sportscarsolutions.com/mi...tegory_Code=CC

Quick Reply: Any pics of Boxsters with tinted windows?