Sponsored by:

Question about seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 03:47 PM
pflyers
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about seats

I just bought a pair of brand new, in the box, boxster seats for my 951. The problem is they were shipped in the full reclining position.

I can't figure out how to get them into the upright sitting position.

Any help, please?
Old 04-30-2005, 09:22 PM
arenared
Burning Brakes

They problem may be the seatbacks are electric. You'll need power for the little seatback shape to do its thing. Not all Boxster seats are electric, and at the same time, I think some are fully electric. Mine is from a Boxster S and it is all manual except for the electric seatback which is the default for my model/year.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:39 PM
deliriousga
Three Wheelin'

They should flip forward when you pull the release button toward the top of the seat no matter what position they are in. They're fully electric, but that's a mechanical override.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:47 AM
arenared
Burning Brakes

Hmmm. On my Boxster, the little levers up by the headrest release the seat back to go forward only--not back. I slid my seat forward, but can only move my seatback a little before I hit the firewall. You might ask over on the 996 board since the seats are the same and there is no firewall/engine in the way. Maybe you can find out how far the electric seatback reclines or if there is another trick.

Quick Reply: Question about seats