VIN/Mfg sticker on door jamb???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Stephen Porter
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default VIN/Mfg sticker on door jamb???

Hi,

I've been preparing myself for my first Boxster purchase, by doing as much research as I can but still have a lot of basic questions. I'm glad to have discovered this board and look forward to learning and eventually contributing.

First question: I've looked at literally dozens of cars (mostly at auto dealer auctions, where I have access) so far and have found quite a few with no manufacturer's sticker on the rear of the driver's side door frame. I've seen so many cars like this that I'm wondering if ALL Boxsters are supposed to have this stocker there. If not, then I assume that the car has at the very least been repainted in this area, although I haven't seen any signs of overspray or obvious repairs on any of these cars.

If this sticker is missing, but the car is otherwise ok--i.e., a minor repair has been done properly, is it possible to get it replaced through Porsche?

TIA for any info.

Stephen Porter
Los Angeles
Old 04-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do not quote me on this.

All model year 1997s were made in Germany and the sticker is on the door sill. When production started in Finland the sticker moved to the door.

Quick Reply: VIN/Mfg sticker on door jamb???