Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Favorite Color For Boxster? Any Opinions on Yellow?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 02:33 PM
tincanman99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Favorite Color For Boxster? Any Opinions on Yellow?

Seems like black is it. Black far outstrips every color. Silver comes in second and than maybe red. Followed by a sprinkling of the other colors. Any opinions about why this is?

When I was out test driving yesterday (gt silver) there was a speed yellow on the floor of the dealer I really liked.

Would love to hear opinions about the speed yellow? Is it one of those colors you get tired of after a while?
Old 04-17-2005, 03:14 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Three years ago, when I was looking to buy a Porsche, I had already picked a speed yellow Boxster S and ordered it before I changed my mind and went for the C4S. There were not that many yellow cars at that time. Now, there seems to be a lot of yellow cars out there.

IMHO, yellow continuous to be an attractive color for a sports car. It does call attention to itself, and cops will see it before any other color except maybe red. You can get tired of any color. I think fancy colors, like orange/purple or hot pink and what-not, will age pretty quickly. Basic colors, like speed yellow, don't age or get dated as much. Silver and black will appeal to a broader group of people and will help on the cars resale value.

I would suggest you get the color that you want. That way, you enjoy the car that you want, and let the future take care of itself.

Quick Reply: Favorite Color For Boxster? Any Opinions on Yellow?