Sponsored by:

Need Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 01:34 AM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Opinions

I would like to spruce up my aging Arctic Silver Boxster with Red Boxster interior. I am pasting some pictures of various interior parts i've collected. i have an equal selection of exterior parts as well for another post. Opinions? Suggestions welcome. Note the door panels, which I have already modified from all red to black and red. The interior is full leather seats and dash, but has the cheap plastic console and airvent pieces. I have the softfeel black replacements as well.

Last edited by smshirk; 01-30-2005 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:47 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.whiteson.org/boxster/gallery

every combination of interior you can imagine (with different painting/etc)

PS. speedster humps REALLY rejuvinate the car. i mean i've never gotten so much attention in a car. (except mabye the 360 spyder, or gallardo)
Old 01-30-2005, 05:04 AM
yellowbox
6th Gear

where and how much did you get the carbon fiber shift **** from? I couldn't find it online.

thanks
Old 01-30-2005, 05:25 AM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

That **** was a tequipment part from several years ago. It has never been used, as far as I can tell. I bought it from a guy who bought the **** and never bought the Boxster. It doesn't have the aluminum horseshoe ring of the newer sport *****. I can't decide whether to go all black and red or use a lot of arctic silver. I have black floor mats now rather than the boxster red. They look much better. For the exterior I have a set of all black and all red tail lights. Cabon fiber air vents, carbon fiber center caps, and a number of wheel options, although I heard on another thread tonight that you aren't supposed to put 18s on a 97. Very disappointing since i have 3 different sets.I do like the speedster humps, though I think I would rather have a hardtop if the money is close. The black top is in great condition, except for plastic window which is pretty cloudy. I would also like a gray or silver canvas instead of the black. A boxster red top would also look good, but I doubt there is such an animal. Of cours an aero kit would be great, but I would have to invest in that for my 996. I do have an arctic silver 996TT upper wing i picked up for nothing. i have been trying to figure a way to attach it to the Boxster, but so far I haven't been able to find anything to fit into the female mounting holes on the under side of the wing. I have laid it on the rear just in front of the regualar boxster moving spoiler and it would look good. Not sure what it might do to the aerodynamics though.

Once I finish whatever aesthetic changes i decie on, I'm going for a little more grunt. I will start slow and see how it goes. With 102k miles, i couldn't get enough for it to be worth selling and it's a fun car.

Old 01-30-2005, 05:35 AM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

great site Moogle, thanks
Old 01-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Neil@Orton
Banned

When I worked for Roock I designed one based on the 996tt wing. A picture of it is on the Roock site.

Neil
Old 01-30-2005, 10:11 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Neil

I found it on the Roock site. What type of mounting did you use? Is it something i could come up with to mount either on top of the existing up/down spoiler or even drill through the trunk lid and mount it directly? Any advice would be appreciated. This Boxster has 102k miles. I could never sell it for anything much, so i thought i would trick it out as much as possible without spending Roock or Gemballa kind of money. I didn't have to pay anything for that TT wing so if I Have to modify it or something its no big deal. Any advice appreciated.

Quick Reply: Need Opinions