Indoor car cover?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 12:41 AM
Dwayne Williams
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indoor car cover?

Sorry if this has been covered - the search function seems to be broken right now.

Looking for comments/feedback from people using car covers on cars stored indoors. What are you using, how do you like it, is yours custom fitted for Boxsters, etc...

Thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Dave-Montreal
Track Day

I'm using the Boxster cover supplied by the Porsche dealer. It's a nice custom fit and I'm very happy with it. My car is stored inside in the Winter so the cover is mostly just to keep the dust off it.
I think I paid about $150 for it three years ago.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:15 PM
doclaw64
Intermediate

If is just going to be used indoors you should get a flannel car cover. There are others but I like flannel. I had one that was good but you have to be careful when you take it off. What I did was to roll it up half way from the front and back then roll the 2 rolls across the car. On second thought, I don't know if the flannel one will leave fibers on the top. They do make soft ones like dustop that does not leave fibers.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:35 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I would highly recommend the EUROPEAN Porsche Tequipment car cover (it has a colored Porsche crest, soft flannel lining)
I have one on my 996TT. Perfect fit.
(once the search is running, you can see some pics of them posted in various forums, 996TT, etc)

It is nothing like the US Tequipment car covers.

You can order them thru your Porsche parts department or any of the online Porsche parts folks (sunset imports, hendrick porsche, etc).

Quick Reply: Indoor car cover?