Sponsored by:

Hello. New here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 12:54 PM
designman
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ferrari 1

Man, that's a fantastic price. Do you happen to know of any efforts the owner made to sell before he put it up on e-Bay? Did it sit for a while? Original asking price?
Old 12-31-2004, 01:30 PM
Ferrari 1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, the owner traded it on a Benz at a local dealer and my Maserati store bought it from the Benz Store. My Maserati salesman had it on ebay, but I bought it before it sold. So, it was my store that put it on ebay.

I called one of my long time friends at the Porsche store here, who told me that if I didn't buy it, he would. I guess the car has an immaculate service history.

I just know that my wife LOVES the car and said she hasn't had this much fun driving in a really long time. Man, that's ALOT of car for 23 grand! Seriously, I drive $250K cars all day long and that Boxster S is every bit as much fun to drive.

So, is Ocean Blue metallic an unusual color? I see it was like an $800 option. Sure is pretty. Also, I like the turbo wheels on the car. Seriously, I am Porsche challenged, sorry. I can tell you about anything you want to know about Ferraris, though.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Ferrari 1
Track Day

UPDATE; We are continuing to have an absolute blast with this car! Thanks, guys, this is a great forum.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:48 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Ferrari F1 -
I wonder if you've ever met my father. He travels with Roland Linder and a few other Ferrari guys here from Colorado. I think he's been to New Orleans and St. Louis this year...plus a few others.

Trust me guys...these guys drive their cars. Roland's F40LM is one of the sickest cars that I've ever seen and man he can drive it....and he does it quite a bit.

Stacey
Old 01-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Ferrari 1
Track Day

Stacey,
Yes, we know Roland. Our guys absolutely do drive the tar out of their Ferraris. The great thing, at least for me is, they buy new ones 4 or 5 times a year!
Old 01-08-2005, 07:53 PM
RAC
Racer

Roland's F40 LM is awesome and what a nice guy he is too. I visited the Ranch awhile back and that place is car heaven. As soon as I get my car I am going to spend some track with him through his school.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:00 PM
designman
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrari 1
...they buy new ones 4 or 5 times a year!
F1... care to explain this? Does this have to do with the severe depreciation rate of Ferraris with high mileage? Also, I heard the cost of engine maintenance with Fs are steep and frequent. Just curious.

Boxster: Ferrari for Mortals

Old 01-09-2005, 10:41 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RAC
Roland's F40 LM is awesome and what a nice guy he is too. I visited the Ranch awhile back and that place is car heaven. As soon as I get my car I am going to spend some track with him through his school.
Yeah, super guy and yes, his ranch is car heaven. His school is great. My brother Rick is one of his instructors. Here are a few pics from the last time I was at his place:

Yep, that's right...that's 3 F40's in one garage. Crazy!!!!

Stacey
Old 01-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Ferrari 1
Track Day

Originally Posted by designman
F1... care to explain this? Does this have to do with the severe depreciation rate of Ferraris with high mileage? Also, I heard the cost of engine maintenance with Fs are steep and frequent. Just curious.

You know, it's a very strange thing. I've been doing this for a long time, and the longer I do it, the more amazed I am. Buying and selling Ferraris is something that these guys do for fun. They never really NEED another one, they just seem to always WANT another one. There is no shortage of available funds for these, either. I had an 8 year waiting list on 360's, and the new 430's are totally sold out. Avg. client owns multiple Ferraris, at any given time.

You are correct in that high miles hurt the value of Ferraris. However, because my clients own so many cars, they never seem to put any miles on them. What happens is that the used cars trade higher than the new cars ( supply/demand), so they tend to make money coming out of their new 8 cylinder cars.

Major svc. is every 3 years or 15K miles. On a 360, it's about $3K. On a 355, it's about $7K, because it's an engine out procedure. The front engine, 12 cyl. cars are less exp. because the timing belts are easily accessible. Ferrari belts are rubber, not chains.

Sorry if this is WAY too much info., but I'm happy to answer these type of questions. Heck, I do it all day long.

F1 <----- wife just loves her new little car and she gets LOTS of looks cruising around S. Florida!
Old 01-10-2005, 04:11 PM
Ferrari 1
Track Day

Hey guys, I have a stupid question; What exactly is the "Sport package" on the Boxster "S"? Mine has it on the window sticker and I don't know what that means.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Fletcher
Racer

Should have the bigger sway bars, higher rate springs/shocks and slightly lower. I believe this is the M030 package isn't it guys?
Old 01-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think "Sport Package" is just an options package, not relating to M030 package. Not exactly sure what's on it. My first Boxster had it. This one doesn't (...but has pretty much all of the options on the Sport Package 'cept an outside temp gauge). But I think it should also mean larger wheels/tires, windstop between the rollbars, cruise....not sure what else?

Sorry, probably not much help...
Old 01-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Ferrari 1
Track Day

....."I think "Sport Package" is just an options package, not relating to M030 package. Not exactly sure what's on it. My first Boxster had it. This one doesn't (...but has pretty much all of the options on the Sport Package 'cept an outside temp gauge). But I think it should also mean larger wheels/tires, windstop between the rollbars, cruise....not sure what else?......"

I've got the 18" wheels, windstop, cruise, etc. and the sticker says Boxster "S" with Sports Pkg. I'm so stupid, I thought the "S" stood for Sport Pkg. Then I say Boxster "S" WITH the sports pkg, thus the question.

You guys are very helpful. This forum is just great. Glad to be accepted here.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The "S" in "Boxster S" stand for " 'Smore than a base Boxster".
Old 01-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Ferrari 1
Track Day

You mean, like Modena means "it costs Modena 355"!

Quick Reply: Hello. New here.