Sponsored by:

Anniversary edition

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 09:24 AM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anniversary edition

Does anyone know the MSRP sticker price for the 986 anniverary edition(550)? Also if purchasing one of these cars from an individual, what is required to retain the balance of factory warranty and since they are son new iwth low mielage, would you still be able to purchase an extended warranty? There are two on the PCA mart right now. Quite a difference in the two prices 48k vs 52k, both have about 3k miles.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:56 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by smshirk
Does anyone know the MSRP sticker price for the 986 anniverary edition(550)? Also if purchasing one of these cars from an individual, what is required to retain the balance of factory warranty and since they are son new iwth low mielage, would you still be able to purchase an extended warranty? There are two on the PCA mart right now. Quite a difference in the two prices 48k vs 52k, both have about 3k miles.
They MSRP sticker was $59,900 without options. I added Bose, Cruise, painted seats bringing it to about $65,000 before my discount. They are so new so I have no idea of what they'd be worth used. Mine has about 5K miles and I know I wouldn't be too happy only getting 48k to 52k. But then again, I have no intention of letting mine go anyway.

Since you're talking about a "Special Edition", they should retain their value slightly more than a non special edition. Excellence magazine often quotes a 10% premium on used special editions so try and see what a regular Boxster S similarly equipped would cost.

I'll tell you one thing, they're nice cars!

Charlie
Old 12-25-2004, 08:03 PM
dennis a from pa
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my Anniversary Edition after the dealer's tech destroyed my '02 2.7 during a 30K service..

Got it for invoice, as an apology of sort. Invoice was 52k MSRP was 63K. Mine has Bose option, cruise. I agree they are really nice Boxsters, especially with the Cocoa interiors.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:23 PM
PaulStewart
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The warranty transfers with no action on your part, just schedule an appointment when you need service.

Quick Reply: Anniversary edition