Parking in/around NYC

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 10:33 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Parking in/around NYC

Well, it is finally happening. I'm moving to NYC.

I'm not going to part with the 993, but I also don't want the parking monkeys to adopt an attitude of "it is just a little scratch" sort of approach. So I'm looking for other options. I don't plan on driving it often...not at all in the winter, and weekends during the summer, as I don't need a daily driver in Manhattan obviously.

So, anyone nearby have a garage space they want to lease out, or know of options in/around Manhattan?
Old 11-10-2004, 01:48 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for a permanent solution, theres garages for rent all over the city.

these things are a fast moving commodity in the city, so i can't really give you any specifics. do a search, usually it helps to check the place out before you jump on it.

since i don't keep my cars in the city, if i take a porker into the city, i usually park at the palace hotel on 40th and madison, i have an arrangement with them.

for cheap AND safe temporary parking, i recommend to people the parking lot at 12th and 42nd, its a lot thats NEXT to the lot for the aircraft carrier museum.

for what its worth, unless you are going to be moving around the country/nearby states, if you are living in the city, theres no need for a car at all.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:51 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks so much for all your help. For the winter anyway, I found a private garage (well, 1/2 of one) in Forest Hills (very nice neighborhood), a few minutes walk from the express E train from Manhattan. We'll have to reassess during the summer, but for winter storage, this should be great.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Parking in/around NYC