Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Car-Go Carbon Intake Group Buy!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004 | 03:36 PM
fletch
Advanced

Default S-Car-Go Carbon Intake Group Buy!!

Reg $895 now only $595 if Rob can get 10 orders together. He will take a 50% deposit for the piece. 10 h.p. gain is claimed and dyno proven.http://www.scargoracing.com
Call Rob for questions....
Attached Images  
Old 07-15-2004 | 03:38 PM
fletch
Advanced

Default here is another pic...

Attached Images  
Old 07-15-2004 | 10:39 PM
Moogle
Race Car

10hp gain with intake along?

or are the headers required also?
Old 07-16-2004 | 12:57 AM
Fletcher
Racer

10 h.p. with just the intake!!
Old 07-17-2004 | 11:30 AM
PetreTG
Track Day

That's a pretty lofty claim seeing as how it doesn't make the engine take in any more air. The engine takes what it needs ... period.

IMO no gains happen without ECU Changes ... regardless of whether or not intake and exhaust has been done.

Many exhaust manufactures claim increases .... a PPBB member dyno tested many different brands and only ONE did not LOSE HP yet all made big claims of increases.
Old 07-18-2004 | 12:19 AM
Fletcher
Racer

This intake will not lose power. In fact after installing this intake and scargo headers the owner of a 2000S I spoke to at length made 17h.p. at the rear wheels before ecu was re-mapped. With the ecu to bring it all together he got 30h.p.
Yes the ecu needs to be done and that is my plan, I should easily net 15 h.p. with this intake and GIAC software. Not a bad start. I do not believe that 10h.p. is a "big claim of increase". Maybe it's a bit less for a non-S car but I believe scargo products are second to none and I have had no one that knows about them tell me any different. I don't want to debate numbers frankly it's all subjective and opinions vary.
$595 for this piece is a fair price.
Old 07-18-2004 | 12:45 AM
HBacura
Racer

Originally posted by PetreTG
That's a pretty lofty claim seeing as how it doesn't make the engine take in any more air. The engine takes what it needs ... period.
PetreTG has a point here. Even tho an intake can help ram air into the engine, there are other components such as the intake manifold and the throttle body that the air must pass through first before reaching the actual motor. Since the throttle body only stays open for a split second or two at a time, it would seem kind of hard to achieve those claimed gains on a NA motor with such a small displacement. From the pics I didn't see any type of thermo wrap on the tubing. Is this some type of custom cold air intake? Did you happen to have a dyno sheet that points out where in the rpm range the increased hp is most noticed?
Old 07-18-2004 | 01:13 AM
Tool Pants
Drifting

That looks like one of our local guy's car. A 2001 S owned by Hunpin. He also had headers and a larger throttle body, and some other modifications.
Old 07-19-2004 | 11:43 AM
autobahnNY
Pro

The Evo intake is a better bang for the buck, with the same performance gain as S-cargo. Iv'e had mine on for 2 years, without any problems. There are gains, the stock Boxster intake is restrictive. This has been discussed many times over the years as well as dyno charts to prove( Do a search on PPBB.com) Along with with some thermo wrap it is nice little upgrade (throttle response and SOUND!)
Old 07-19-2004 | 09:53 PM
Fletcher
Racer

Yes that is Hunpin's car. He was impressed with the Scargo intake and headers alot. I am sure there are other intakes out there that make power but this one is right at the top of the list. I doubt we will find back to back comparo's of the Evo. PPI, or the Scargo on the dyno but that all debatable anyway. If it makes power (especially when combined with the GIAC software) sounds better and looks as cool as this one than I am sold. As soon as the wallet agrees of course....hehe
Old 07-21-2004 | 02:39 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Originally Posted by Fletcher
I don't want to debate numbers frankly it's all subjective and opinions vary.
$595 for this piece is a fair price.

Quick Reply: S-Car-Go Carbon Intake Group Buy!!