Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004

Immobilizer Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2024 | 09:18 PM
Sbf302
Rennlist Member

Default Immobilizer Wiring

Hi
I purchased a 986 S project car that has water damage to immobilizer and rotted the electrical connector. Does anyone happen to have wire diagram for immobilizer since I will be splicing a new connector in. All function work, windows, top, locks etc just cranks very slow and no start. Leads me to believe there's an issue with immobilizer wiring. Jumped fuel pump and it works just not getting pump to come on during cranking.
Thanks
Old 08-15-2024 | 10:08 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Sbf302
Hi
I purchased a 986 S project car that has water damage to immobilizer and rotted the electrical connector. Does anyone happen to have wire diagram for immobilizer since I will be splicing a new connector in. All function work, windows, top, locks etc just cranks very slow and no start. Leads me to believe there's an issue with immobilizer wiring. Jumped fuel pump and it works just not getting pump to come on during cranking.
Thanks
Bentley manual has all the wiring schematics. But IMHO, your immobilizer is toast. Send it ECU doctors in Florida for service.
Old 08-15-2024 | 11:17 AM
Sbf302
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZuffenZeus
Bentley manual has all the wiring schematics. But IMHO, your immobilizer is toast. Send it ECU doctors in Florida for service.
it has already been replaced by them. I believe it’s a wiring or fuel issue
Old 08-15-2024 | 11:25 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

it has already been replaced by them. I believe it’s a wiring or fuel issue
Have you ran a diagnostic to see what codes are being thrown?
Old 08-15-2024 | 11:47 AM
Sbf302
Rennlist Member

Hooked up to durametric no fault codes. That’s what I’m Stumped. I’ll go through all the fuses again
Old 08-15-2024 | 01:22 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Hooked up to durametric no fault codes. That’s what I’m Stumped. I’ll go through all the fuses again
Hmmm... that's very interesting. Normally, if the car is cranking, then it's not the immobilizer. Something else is going on especially with the slow crank. Do you have a fresh battery? I would also check all the ground points for corrosion, especially since this is a flood car.
Old 08-17-2024 | 05:50 AM
Marcocolombo
Rennlist Member

Default Can I bypas my immobilizer that lost coding?

Hello guys I have a 1998 Boxster 986 that had water damage to the mobilizer. I have bought this car as is and know nothing about it. I have changed the oil in the engine and I would like to start it even just to know that it works, how can I bypass immobilizer to even just say that it runs for a few seconds? (Pins from obd?)
thank you
Old 08-18-2024 | 06:33 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Marcocolombo
Hello guys I have a 1998 Boxster 986 that had water damage to the mobilizer. I have bought this car as is and know nothing about it. I have changed the oil in the engine and I would like to start it even just to know that it works, how can I bypass immobilizer to even just say that it runs for a few seconds? (Pins from obd?)
thank you
Short answer - you can't simply bypass the immobilizer because it works with other modules including the DME to authenticate each start. The best advice if you're getting a no crank situation that's linked to a damage immobilizer, is to send off the DME, keys, and Immobilizer to ECU doctors in Florida for service. That's the cheapest route. Going to the dealer will of course be more than double for the same service, but they'll want to replace and reprogram a new immobilizer unit. Choose your poison.
Old 08-20-2024 | 03:22 PM
ovchars
3rd Gear

As one of the options, you can find a set of an immobilizer BCM, ECU/DME and keys with work transponder. Temporarily connect it and start the car. The only kit must be from exactly the same car (engine, gearbox)
The following users liked this post:
996love (08-21-2024)
Old 09-22-2024 | 07:31 AM
Marcocolombo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZuffenZeus
Short answer - you can't simply bypass the immobilizer because it works with other modules including the DME to authenticate each start. The best advice if you're getting a no crank situation that's linked to a damage immobilizer, is to send off the DME, keys, and Immobilizer to ECU doctors in Florida for service. That's the cheapest route. Going to the dealer will of course be more than double for the same service, but they'll want to replace and reprogram a new immobilizer unit. Choose your poison.
I have got myself an eon programmer. I just wish to know what kind of chip it is since it is very old and I can’t really read the type of prom. I will see to post a picture on it. Maybe you know someone who can help me identify it.

I believe the immo is the eeprom next to the Toshiba

Quick Reply: Immobilizer Wiring