986 Boxster 2004 Fog Light Weirdness

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2024, 09:33 PM
infj23
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 986 Boxster 2004 Fog Light Weirdness

Hello all,
I found a number of threads about fog light problems but none quite like what I am experiencing.
I bought the car 2.5 years ago and the turn signals never cancelled. I recently got a junkyard set of stalks and installed the assembly to fix the turn signal problem. Turn signals now cancel as they should and all stalk functions (turn, high beam, cruise, wiper functions) work as they should.
With the new stalk assembly done, the fog lamps do not come on. Seems weird that the stalks, which have nothing to do with the fog lamps, would create this problem, so maybe a bizarre coincidence? So I took off the new stalk assembly and re-installed the old one. The problem remained. I then put back on the "new" stalk assembly and still no fog lamps.
Just in case it was the headlamp switch, I replaced that. No change--fog lamps are still inoperative.
The other weirdness in this is that now, when I turn on the fog lamps, two things happen: 1) the blue high beam indicator on the dash comes on (but neither the high beams nor the fog lamps come on) and 2) the small bulb in the left headlamp assembly comes on (the bulb that is behind the same lens as the low and high beam headlights).
The high beams work as they should with the headlamps on and flipping the turn signal switch forward.

Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix this?
Thanks!
Dave

Quick Reply: 986 Boxster 2004 Fog Light Weirdness