Sponsored by:

BoxsterS Bluetooth with Mr 12volt

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 08:26 PM
Sdwndr07
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BoxsterS Bluetooth with Mr 12volt

Hi all, recent new owner of a 2004 BoxsterS with the original Cdr23 radio. Has the Bose fiber optic system with no multi disc cd changer in the frunk. Aux cord isn’t an option with this radio like the cdr220. Decided to go with the Mr12 volt product ($200). Compatibility was a little misleading but correct. Line 1 states it’s compatible if the car is equipped with a Bose system. So I thought fantastic, this should work. However, line 3 states that if it’s a cdr23 with no cd changer, then the radio needs to be reprogrammed. Installation was easy enough after watching a couple of videos. Called around to indy shops and dealerships to inquire if they could reprogram the radio for it to see that the car is equipped with a multi disc cd changer. Everyone I spoke to had no experience doing this and they told me they could try but couldn’t guarantee success. That was discouraging and I couldn’t find a post of anyone in my situation confirming success. I decided to try and went to the dealer. They have to use PIWIS to reprogram the radio (probably took a few minutes to hook up PIWIS then select the correct option). Writing this just to post that it was successful and it can be done. Now I have Bluetooth. The product also provides for an aux cord and USB. Bluetooth audio sounds really good too. So much better than the FM transmitter I tried beforehand. Hopefully this helps someone.
Troy

Quick Reply: BoxsterS Bluetooth with Mr 12volt