Sponsored by:

Dash Lights stay on,,,dead battery

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 01:12 PM
Panzer
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dash Lights stay on,,,dead battery

I have an electrical problem with my 01 Boxster. With the key out and the doors closed the dash board lights will not go out, resulting in a dead battery. The radio will not power up either. Sometimes the power locks wil not work and sometimes they do. Can this be the ignition switch or a relay? Thanks in advance for the help

Bud
Old 06-10-2004, 01:32 PM
PetreTG
Track Day

I don't know if this is the same thing ... but I know when my battery got low and I tried to start my BoxsterS , everything went nuts .

The dash sarted buzzing ... the spoiler went up , dash lights flickered off and on ..... pulling the key did nothing to stop it from doing these crazy things once it started .

What did stop it was charging the battery. Once it had sufficient juice it acted normal again.

So if it is the same type of situation (Only to a lessor degree) Could it be possible that when your driving you car is getting just enough juice to power everything but not maintain the battery which is slowly depleting . Then when you shut her down ... the computer is not finishing it's routine and sensing that the Key is removed and thus leaving the dash on and finishing to drain the battery ?

Just a very wild guess.

My other would be a bad ignition switch or faulty computer .

Are you able to start the car normally ?
Old 06-10-2004, 06:47 PM
Panzer
AutoX

Thanks for the reply. I just noticed that when I lock the doors with the key the alarm goes on and the dash lights go out. Getting a little closer I hope.

Quick Reply: Dash Lights stay on,,,dead battery