No Start and No Top

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2023, 04:02 PM
Confused Turtle
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default No Start and No Top

2001 Boxster 2.7

First car wont start. I had it starting about a month ago but let it sit. Now It's not starting, it'll crank but no start. A few things I've gone over so far are looking at the fuses, none are bad. Changed the pump relay with known good one, made sure the battery was good. I also noticed though the ignition has gotten weird. By that I mean, it feels loose. Most people have the issue that the ignition gets stuck, but mine feels like the opposite. It also feels like its scraping against metal. Not sure which part of the ignition assembly that would be.

Next is the convertible top. I had replaced the top plus one side of the transmissions and it worked perfectly fine. Then, going back to work on some stuff, I went to put the top down for more room and no response. The parking brake light remains on after putting the hand brake down. I changed out the switch, same thing. Checked fuses. All are fine. I'm not really sure how to check the relay for the top.

My thought is, are these two possibly connected if it has something to do with the ignition? Any direction on where to look next would be incredibly helpful.

Quick Reply: No Start and No Top