Sponsored by:

window washer connection

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2023, 09:42 PM
tprjim
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default window washer connection

I changed out my '02s cabin air filter and then just got to "looking around". I found the washer hose hanging free. Do I need to remove all those covers, wipers etc. as I saw on a related video or is a triple jointed wrist enough to do the replacement?
Old 04-26-2023, 01:29 AM
pilot4fn
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

There is a chance the the loose hanging hose is the original battery vent hose... It looks very much same like the window washer hose. Check that first.
If it is the actual window washer hose, at least on mine 2001 986 the window washer hoses are pretty much visible as the battery cover and cabin filter plastic covers are removed.
Old 04-26-2023, 07:58 AM
tcora
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by tprjim
I changed out my '02s cabin air filter and then just got to "looking around". I found the washer hose hanging free. Do I need to remove all those covers, wipers etc. as I saw on a related video or is a triple jointed wrist enough to do the replacement?
Are you sure that’s what it is? Does the washer on that side of the car work? Thinking about it, if one of the washer hoses is off the nozzle, likely neither of them work. If that is what it is, my recollection - from replacing nozzles a year or so back - is that connecting the hose to the nozzle is best done after you’ve popped it up and out.
Old 04-26-2023, 02:19 PM
tprjim
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was the vent tube. Instinct told me that but it wasn't warm enough for me to want to look last night. If it ever is the washer I'll have some knowledge fo rthe future. Thank you both!

Quick Reply: window washer connection